DIY Time

Been trying to revive old clothes that were headed to the donations bag but now I think I might keep them. I had a pair of 2 sizes too big JBrand cut off shorts that were always too big and I thought I would like that larger oversized shorts look but I really didn't. It was sitting in my closet with no use. I decided to try cutting it up a little higher to make it more girly and voila! I love..it just took me 30 minutes to shred it and hopefully after a washing it will shred more.


shirt - Nation LTD, shorts - JBrand cut offs

gonna shred these a little more since I want a huge long shredding instead of short ones but I like where it's going!

AFTER WASHING:


I also practiced dying my old tanks that I was using for the pool to cover up because I never wear just a bikini no matter what size I am I always wear a shirt or tank over. I was going to throw them away or donate but thought I'd practice dying it and YAY! It came out awesome. Can't wait til the bleaching sets in more and after it's set, I will wash and dry and post AFTER pics



AFTER:


My little garden on the patio seems to be doing much better. The 3 avocado trees that I almost tossed out because of mealy bugs are now healthy as can be and so is the basil..and our tomato plant is growing its first tomatoes! So excited!!!!!!



And just for fun, I made oatmeal cookies for Z but ran out of chocolate chips so I used our extra christmas M&Ms and put them in. They came out yummy but Z somehow DOES NOT LIKE oatmeal cookies! How can you not like them!??!?!?! So I thought I'd make them into ice cream sammies since he loves vanilla ice cream but he did not even want to go near them!! What kind of kid do I have!??! I ended up giving almost all of them away to our neighbors because I didn't want to eat them all by myself! They were so yummy........what's the use of me liking to bake and cook when no one in my house ever eats?!!!!!!! LOL



my little lovebug is 2 now..so sad it's too fast!


shirt - In4mation HI shirt, shoes - converse, shorts - babygap

And JUST because, this is what I woke up to this morning..it was gorgeous..too bad the amazing colors in the morning means it's humid, ugly, hot weather for the day!

Comments

Alui H said…
Yes! This post made me happy :> I've got about 4 or 5 avocado seeds in cups of water in my window- trying to get them to sprout... no luck just yet. It's a major bucket list item, getting an avocado seed to turn into a tree. No real hope for me to ever get it to fruit, i just want the damn tree. Love the shirts and super cute hair/outfit. Hugs.
You know it took my seeds about 2-3 months before it started really sprouting. And I had to make sure I kept the water level up to where the toothpicks had punctured for some reason. Thought it'd never sprout and it finally did!!
Bridget said…
Those shorts are darling! (Hello little miss teeny tiny legs!) And the tanks turned out awesome! How is your little guy 2 already???
And um, a weeee bit jealous of your scenery!
Sara said…
Nice DYI, I have to tray it ASAP, the result is awesome and it doesn’t seem so hard to do, thank you for the idea also those cookies look yummy and your little boy is the most adorable kid I have ever seen! You have a lovely blog and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!
Also make sure to enter my 100$ giftcard giveaway to spend at Shopbop.

Pop Culture&Fashion Magic
wheatgerm said…
nice looking tomatoes
MOKKASIN said…
Hello! This is Mini Empire http://mini-empire.se/ I sell the posters in my store www.mokkasin.com

Byebye!!
Anonymous said…
looking for unique measurements, colors, cut... Well add a touch and create your custom jeans

Popular Posts