On The Outside

Got to hike with my outdoor partner for the first time in almost 4 months. Maybe longer. She hurt her knees on our annual 10k race and was out of commission for a long time. We went to the falls this past Saturday and it was so nice to get back into the groove. Lots to catch up on and lots more forests to see!! 


Jump into the ice pond!

The next day I went on another hike with an awesome girl I met on the hiking group a few weeks ago. She took me to a nice one. It was awful desert hot but at the top was a nice forest and view worth hiking for.  It was an intermediate hike and was pretty good that I hope I can join some of the advance hikes that have been coming up soon. So many new places I want to explore but I am unsure of my level of hiking ability and would hate to hold anyone back.  Its so nice to try new places with people who know the trails so I can go again on my own the next time, or explore and see where I can start running them on my own. My next and future goal is to start trail running on top of regular road runs and hiking. I need to get off this rock sometimes. So many mountains to see. Definitely added to a list of things I must do before I die. 

She's a better hiker than I am :


Morning drives

Comments

Popular Posts