Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sitting Back

This is said and thought all the time. I want my kids to grow up to be good people. Be able to take care of themselves and those they love.  Its a huge responsibility as a parent. Maybe not everyone thinks this way but I catch myself often yelling and dislike myself for my reaction. 
Somehow with everything that has been said, actions mean more than words as I've always believed. So I just sit back and watch it unfold in front of me. Keep quiet and observe. That's something I've been doing for a while now but more so as I look for all the different paths in life. You cannot make people change if they don't truly have the inner heart and mind to change for themselves. To be better for themselves so they can be better for those around them. We can only grow and strengthen our own minds because its by choice. You can choose to continue the same path you've always walked because its comfortable and known. Or you can choose to walk another path without the knowledge of what's ahead. Only believing that somewhere down the line, you'll look back and have no regrets. Changing ourselves or lives is a tough road and constant work. Wonder what will happen next?  What new obstacle will I get out in front of my path? 


I love my kids. 


Post a Comment