Life Is Being Alive

July has been nothing short of amazing. Its funny how they say good things happen when you start doing things you normally wouldn't do.  Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George had to do opposite of what he would normally do with everything and things started going his way!



Everything started rolling since my chat with my friend about changing the way we think about whatever situation we are in.  Then I got in that plane last month that changed everything. Forever grateful to Aaron for makin me come out to LA and end up loving it there. I've always hated LA but being away from home in a desert made me appreciate the mountains and air of LA. It helps to have fam there to make me feel at home. 

Since then, I've had so many great experiences and happy times. I missed the rain so mch and since it was monsoon season, I found it in red rock and I never felt happier. It had been the first time hiking alone since I left Hawaii and it was I nice to get back in touch with nature. I went again the next day and just have me this feeling of peace that it made me feel like ME again!!!  I have found myself in the last month.  Finally able to take time for myself. Even to just say YES to group sweat session with my team.  Where in the months prior, I would always not go to most of them because I felt guilt about taking time out for myself and letting the mental battles win. Baby steps. Every little step has brought out so much happiness and smiles that I can't believe I let the last decade go by bejng suppressed existing but not living. Letting everyone else push me in a corner. 



That lead me to take a spontaneous drive out one day after work. I told Aaron I felt like dancing and he said come out here well all go dancing. Next day, I decided to drive out after work for a day and enjoy it. That is totally not something I would have done but it was nice knowing I had the next two days off of work and my mom said she was cool with it.  I got to see some old friends and see an amazing show. Literally drove back at sunrise to head straight to work which was something I had not even imagined doing in my adult life. It's been a long time since I've done something so spontaneous and I feel like I am Totally alive.  Never has everything been so amazing. And I hope I can feel this in sync with life for a long time. 


The kids have been growing up so well. My parents have been doing amazing at teaching them values and respect. Its crazy how far they have come. Now that I work full time they spend so much more time with my parents that I can see how much they've been developing these awesome habits. Nothing short of amazing. 


Sorry this post is all over the place but I just can't sit still long enough to just type. Hahahah

Reposting this because I truly believe this and its always something I read to remind myself of. 


Comments

Popular Posts