Growing Up and Life's Obstacles

Oh, how time flies. This year is almost over and it feels like it was just January!  I can't believe rocket is turning 5 in 4 months. It feels like we just had his bday dinner yesterday. Z is 8 and it seems like he was just 5 years old. He's so much more like a big boy now. He no longer wants us to walk him to classes and he really has grown up to start reading stories to his brother and become such a big brother. My parents have been doing such an amazing job teaching them good manners and how to be good boys. More than I think I could ever teach them. I feel this constant guilt for being so busy all the time with work, working out, and extra curricular stuff that keeps me from being home and my parents doing most of the work,  but I'm really amazed at how well they have grown up. As broke as I am, I'm going to have to stop saving for my future rent and use that money to send rocket to preschool. He's totally ready and it would also give my mom some time to herself. I'm thinking about two days a week to start and see how things go. 

photo credit- grandma:

Sister and her husband came to visit for a few days and they had the best time with uncle Derek. He spent quality time with them and they were super stoked. 

There have been so many things happening in my life. So many things to consider and make decisions on and I have been going insane trying to juggle everything. So many good things and some stressful things but nothing that cannot be dealt with in time. Everything gets thrown at us for a reason. If life were easy, we'd never appreciate everything amazing that comes along. 

Work has been interesting. There have been sooooo many opportunities to think about its been giving me anxiety because I'm so bad at making decisions and committing to things. But I really need to think about what I want and what path to take. They ask me all the time about my goals and it gives me anxiety just because its hard for me to make decisions and I need to listen and "get out of my head" as they tell me. Over thinking gets me nowhere. At least the way *I* over think about my choices. I have a hard time figuring out what to do because I get so attached to people and things. I love my store, the people I work with and the comfort of it all. We shall see what happens =) i have the best coworkers and boss ever. 




Some of the most amazing sunrises and sunsets lately on drives 


Got to experience the Getty Center..it was beautiful

Lucky to have the best of friends who love to cook as much as I do and I am truly spoiled by everyone. And oh, how much I love the west coast and all the freshness that comes with it. Being at the farmers market and watching little kids running through the grass made me cry reminding me of being back in Hawaii and all the awesome memories of the neighborhood kids and fresh produce.





Got to catch up with some old homies from Hawaii at Uncle Todd & Aunty Rheanne's house..Enjoyed good food and drinks. I'm truly grateful for the people in our lives. The kids are very lucky. 



Comments

Popular Posts