In the Kitchen: Coconut Almond Energy Balls

It's been a long time since I've made vegan or plant based snacks in our house.

I've been so busy with other things I've forgotten about how much I love making things for is to eat that I know are good for us versus the junk that we tend to grab for.  These are super yummy coconut almond energy balls that tastes like a candy bar!

plant based coconut almond energy balls

Coconut almond energy balls:

Ingredients
1/2 cup peanut butter (or any but butter of your choice. I ran out of almond butter so I used organic peanut butter)
1/2 cup kamut puffs (any grain puff you want to use, this is optional)
1 cup pitted mejool dates
1/2 cup chopped raw almonds
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
Chia seeds (or any seeds such as flax, optional)

Soak dates for at least 5 minutes in warm water. Take out and place in food processor with all the other ingredients. Pulse until they form a ball. You can pulse until as smooth or textured as you prefer. I like mine in the middle. Place in a mixing bowl and add a little more shredded coconut for texture and any other seeds. Roll a scoop into a ball and roll the ball in shredded coconut to coat. Place in a bowl or container and repeat until all the mixture is used. Cover and freeze until you eat them. Super easy and quick takes less than 15 minutes to make.

Excuse the bad video clip but it was my first time trying to video myself in the kitchen hahaha


Comments

Popular Posts