Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

People always ask for recipes when I post cooking on my Instagram stories so I’ll put this here just in case. 

We had a lot of ripe bananas in our house that no one was planning on eating.  I made my usually vegan banana muffins the other day but wanted to try something new to change it up. Yes. The ingredients are pretty much the same but slightly different and with a slight difference in flavor and shape it was a hit!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The original recipe was from Oh She Glows but I modify to my own ways and measurements 😍

VEGAN BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD

   Wet ingredients

  • 3-4 mashed very ripe bananas
  • 2 TBSP ground flaxseed
  • 1/3 cup oat milk or any nut milk (I used oat since that was what I had on hand)
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (I don’t measure exactly I kind of add 1/3 cup solid plus a little extra)
  • 2 TBSP organic maple syrup
  • 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
  • Dry ingredients
  • 1/4 cup organic coconut sugar 
  • 1/2 cup organic quick oats
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • Dash of salt
  • 1 1/2 cups spelt and oat flour (I didn’t use any exact amount to split I just used what I had and I a little almond flour was in here too)
  • DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly oil a loaf pan with organic coconut oil and set aside.
  2. Mash the banana and add the wet ingredients until combined.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Slowly add the dry into the wet ingredients until combined.  Add vegan chocolate chips (I use enjoy life) into the batter. Pour into pan and top with more chocolate chips. 
  4. Bake uncovered, for 45 to 5” minutes until lightly golden and firm on top. I use a chopstick to check if it comes out clean it is ready. 
  5. Cooling for 30 minutes. Use a knife around the loaf to loosen it and gently remove it from the pan until completely cooled. Store in an airtight container or wrap it and store it in the fridge for a few days. Otherwise I would freeze it. 
  6. We like to slice it and heat it in a pan to warm it up sometimes =)

Comments

Popular Posts